The knobs at the Triv Media Control Console are smokin’, so ferociously have they been twiddled of late. And here’s a taste of what’s flickered into view on the bank of multiscreens as a result.
This is a cracker — by someone called Meg Bignell who lives in Tassie. Go Meg.
Did you all catch Rakey on ABC1 last Thursday? If not, here are some dialogular highlights.
- Rakey referred to the court in which he was barristering as “a Palazzo of Justice” (!!!!! — the Junior Cost Centres, if they could, would likely argue for more justice in our palazzo, but I’ll reign as La Dictatalista for as long as I can)
- Matt Day looking even spunkier than he did in season one — should he be admitted to the yurt?
- Toni Collette as the NSW premier (“I’m queen of the f*****g prom!”) was a stroke of genius — as were her Kristina Keneally-esque side hair flicks
- Cleaver on why he prefers to — ahem — “date” right-leaning women: “Left wing women are vegan, all about ‘context’ and talk about an orgasm like it’s a pet spaniel”
- Premier Toni busted by her husband sending naughty texts: “Has Shane Warne taught you nothing?!?”
But the best — the very, very best — thing about the return of Rake, is that soon the Don Hany-sized hole on my screen will be no more! Yes — he’s back in all his televisual glory come this Thursday night! *grins in manner of Cheshire cat*
You’ll notice I’ve served up Don — à la Damien Trengrove in this week’s upcoming episode — extra large. My treat to you.
In matters less trivial, regular readers will know La’s a huge fan of the radio program, This American Life. Its poddies play almost constantly on the Triv Mobile Media Control Console (aka iPhone). A regular contributor to the show was the writer David Rakoff, who died last month. Last night’s knob-twiddling yielded a Rakoff gem: his piece from the live show TAL staged in May this year. Enjoyez.
If you liked this, you will inevitably love this, TAL’s recently-aired tribute to David.
Life: it’s for living, non? Ciao x
Is it possible that Divine Don has become even spunkier in his time away from us?!?! YES! Thanks for this treat xx
I think he’s been sunbaking and working out. Good man!
I was actually a bit disappointed that Rakey didn’t nail the hot terrorist-cum-husband murderer.
THAT would have made for good telly.